Are you ready to become an "edutainer"? You are now teaching to people who have spent their entire lives being entertained by TV, Movies and YouTube.
Learn the FUNdamentals of being a compelling online instructor while retaining your privacy.
Two Instructors enter a Zoom Video classroom.
- Is the expert in their field
- Instills trust and confidence
- Is interesting & compelling
- Are you?
A picture is worth 1000 words and your image is telling your students more than you realize.
Don't let your students assume that you are not competent or that the material isn't interesting.
This class includes labs so that you can try out your new skills right away!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Dos & Don'ts
- The #1 mistake you are making when you are on video
- What distracts viewers
- What bores viewers
- What equipment you need
After this class you will:
- Rock your video classroom
- Project confidence & professionalism
- Have eye contact with your students
- Stand out from the crowd!
This training has allowed me to move from being afraid of coming off poorly to being confident about doing presentations. You have given me an impressive list of tips and insights. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
This training has allowed me to move from being afraid of coming off poorly to being confident about doing presentations. You have given me an impressive list of tips and insights. Thank you, thank you, thank you.Read Less
very goodRead Less
- Everyone using video for teaching
- This class does not cover how to edit video as the majority of Zoom video trainings are live.
Prerequisites & Advanced Preparation:
- This class assumes that you have experience using Skype, Zoom or similar apps on your computer or phone. (There is a Zoom Basics included however)
- No special advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course
- Come with an open mind and be open to trying new things and practicing
- 60 minutes of video instruction
- 1+ hour of optional lab work to practice
- Deeper Dive The Reasons For The Dos & Don'ts
- What Should I Wear On Video?
- How To Look Convey Confidence in the 1st 5 Seconds
- How To Convey Power, Authority & Intelligence in the 1st 5 Seconds
- Where Do I Look?
- Should I Wear Makeup On Video?
- Do Men Have To Wear Makeup on Video?
- Your Hair on Video
- What's Behind You? Your Background is Speaking Too!
- Pulling Focus Away From You
- Glare in Your Glasses
- Practice Tips
- Lab 2 - Practice Your New Video Behaviors
- How To Behave On Video Quiz
- Your Image & Your Viewer's Perception of You
- Teaching Online - The 5 Big Differences
- Zoom Basics
- Your Audience - Are you Married or Dating?
- Audience Participation
- Seeing Your Audience
- Screen Sharing Dos and Don'ts
- Edutainment - Connecting & Compelling Your Audience
- Split Focus Students
- Split Focus Tools
- Lab 3 - Your Image & Zoom Practice
- How To Start & End Your Zoom Video
- #1 Way To Bore Your Viewer
- How To Sit Comfortably On Video
- What To Do With Your Hands
- Lab 4 – Practice Removing Distractions
- During The Video Class Quiz
- Fear of Being Seen & Revealing Yourself
- Un-Nerving Yourself
- Grounding Meditation
- Lab 5 - Practice Un-Nerving Yourself
- Un-Nerving Yourself Quiz
- Instructor Privacy & Creating Online Communities
- Troubleshooting Common Tech Problems With Zoom
- Wide Shots, Follow Shots and Demonstrating (For classes like Yoga, Sports, Cooking & Hobbies)
- Zoom Virtual Backgrounds
- 4 Tips
- Your Eyes Communicate Too
- What's On My Desk During Zoom Videos
- What If You Have An Accent?
- "What?” “What?” “Could You Repeat That?”
- Zoom Video Checklist
- Coronavirus Quarantine Video Meeting Tips
- Video Meeting Etiquette
- Lab 6 - No Sound
- Bonus Tips Quiz
- Webinar Tips
- Jenn's Last Thoughts FREE PREVIEW
- Lab 7 Last Lab
- The 10% To Remember
- Video Coaching
“If you think ‘winging it’ on your video’s is okay, think again. Jenn’s course taught me how to enhance my brand and stop diminishing it with my lackluster video presentation.”Julie Steelman
“Jenn Flaa is the Bonnie Raitt of videology.”Nancy Rielle
“Jenn covers everything you could possibly want to know about how to look good and feel comfortable on camera...And does it from a really authentic, real place showing you how to shine from the inside out.”Katie Hess
“This course is fantastic. Jennifer is an awesome and talented person. I enjoyed watching the video so much.”Anonymous
Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker, Rock Vocalist Jennifer Flaa began her career testing space flight hardware at NASA. She was QA Manager at Symantec and several Bay Area startups before founding Vettanna. She has setup the QA department at companies like eBay, Project InVision International and Skybox Imaging. She’s written training curriculums for tech workers, executives and entrepreneurs and has trained people around the world including Dell, Microsoft and the US Air Force. She also consults with executives and entrepreneurs about media training, publicity and social media. Recently expanding into on camera training to help professionals and experts be themselves when the camera rolls for teleconferences and vlogs so they can avoid the mistakes that diminish viewer confidence drive away customers. She is the author of "The Happiness Handbook: Living Your Extraordinary Life" and is the vocalist, flutist and songwriter for her bands Urban Fiction and The Zippy Katz.
Secret Conversation Styles of Men, Women and Bosses
If your business communications are frustrating you this is the course for you. Bring an open mind and a willingness to experiment with new techniques in order to transform your business relationships. Did you know that men and women both have
Your New Business as an Independent Contractor
The Basics of Contracting and Getting Paid in the High Tech World