A picture is worth a thousand word and you are communicating without saying a word. Are you saying you are:
Don't let your client misinterpret your skill based upon your video image.
This class includes labs so that you can try out your new skills right away!
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Dos & Don'ts
- The #1 mistake you are making when you are on video
- What distracts viewers
- What bores viewers
- How to be fresh every call, even when doing multiple video sessions each day.
- Identifying your visual bias
- What equipment you need
After this class you will:
- Project confidence & professionalism
- Have eye contact with your viewer
- Set your client at ease so they are comfortable chatting with you on video
- Everyone using video for telehealth calls with clients and colleagues.
- This class does not cover how to edit video as the majority of video meetings are live.
Prerequisites & Advanced Preparation:
- This class assumes that you have experience using either a telehealth tool, Skype, Zoom or similar apps on your computer or phone
- We assume that you know how to record a video on your computer, tablet or smart phone
- No special advanced preparation or prerequisites are required for this course
- Come with an open mind and be open to trying new things and practicing
- 60 minutes of video instruction
- 1+ hour of optional lab work to practice
- Behind The Scenes FREE PREVIEW
- Top 3 Mistakes You Are Making in Your Video Meetings
- Deeper Dive The Reasons For The Dos & Don'ts
- Your Image & Video
- Where Do I Look?
- How To Look Convey Confidence in the 1st 5 Seconds
- How To Convey Power, Authority & Intelligence in the 1st 5 Seconds
- What Should I Wear On Video?
- Should I Wear Makeup On Video Calls?
- Do Men Have To Wear Makeup on Video?
- Your Hair on Video
- What's Behind You? Your Background is Speaking Too!
- Pulling Focus Away From You
- Glare in Your Glasses
- Practice Tips
- Lab 2 - Practice Your New Video Behaviors
- How To Behave On Video Quiz
- How To Start & End Your Video Meeting
- #1 Way To Bore Your Viewer
- #1 Pitfall for Telehealth with Multiple Clients Per Day
- Lab 3 – Practice Removing Distractions
- During The Video Meeting Quiz
- Fear of Being Seen & Revealing Yourself
- Un-Nerving Yourself
- Grounding Meditation
- Lab 4 - Practice Un-Nerving Yourself
- Un-Nerving Yourself Quiz
- The #1 Thing You Must Do Immediately on Video
- Setting a Subject At Ease on Telehealth Video Calls
- Misperceiving Body Language on Video
- Visual Cognitive Bias
- How to Deal with a Bad Video Presentation & Distractions
- Tip Sheet For Telehealth Video Calls
- Lab 5 - Visual Bias
- Visual Bias Quiz
- 4 Tips
- Your Eyes Communicate Too
- What If You Have An Accent?
- "What?” “What?” “Could You Repeat That?”
- Video Fouls FREE PREVIEW
- Video Meeting Checklist
- Coronavirus Quarantine Video Meeting Tips
- Video Meeting Etiquette
- Webinar Tips
- Lab 6 - No Sound
- Bonus Tips Quiz
- Jenn's Last Thoughts
- Lab 7 Last Lab
- The 10% To Remember
- Getting Better Video Meetings
- Video Coaching
- Other Bird Commission Classes
“If you think ‘winging it’ on your video’s is okay, think again. Jenn’s course taught me how to enhance my brand and stop diminishing it with my lackluster video presentation.”Julie Steelman
“Jenn Flaa is the Bonnie Raitt of videology.”Nancy Rielle
“Jenn covers everything you could possibly want to know about how to look good and feel comfortable on camera...And does it from a really authentic, real place showing you how to shine from the inside out.”Katie Hess
This course offers lots of good tips for preparing to engage in any form of video chatting. Many of the topics are not things I would have normally considered before starting however, if a person uses them, they will be much more likely to appear ...Read More
This course offers lots of good tips for preparing to engage in any form of video chatting. Many of the topics are not things I would have normally considered before starting however, if a person uses them, they will be much more likely to appear confident, competent, and engaged in the meeting.Read Less
Entrepreneur, Author, Speaker, Rock Vocalist Jennifer Flaa began her career testing space flight hardware at NASA. She was QA Manager at Symantec and several Bay Area startups before founding Vettanna. She has setup the QA department at companies like eBay, Project InVision International and Skybox Imaging. She’s written training curriculums for tech workers, executives and entrepreneurs and has trained people around the world including Dell, Microsoft and the US Air Force. She also consults with executives and entrepreneurs about media training, publicity and social media. Recently expanding into on camera training to help professionals and experts be themselves when the camera rolls for teleconferences and vlogs so they can avoid the mistakes that diminish viewer confidence drive away customers. She is the author of "The Happiness Handbook: Living Your Extraordinary Life" and is the vocalist, flutist and songwriter for her bands Urban Fiction and The Zippy Katz.
Secret Conversation Styles of Men, Women and Bosses
If your business communications are frustrating you this is the course for you. Bring an open mind and a willingness to experiment with new techniques in order to transform your business relationships. Did you know that men and women both have
Are you uncomfortable negotiating? Now you can be confident and powerful in any negotiation!
Decide Already! Your Guide To Fearless Decision Making
Are you stuck? Got a tough decision to make or maybe you just need to decide where to go for dinner? Learn how to use data and intuition to make good decisions and simple tricks to remove the blocks that hold you back.