Testing Essentials packs the 4 foundation testing classes into one bargain package!
Learn the essential skills of software testing:
- Testing and finding bugs
- Reporting bugs
- Reporting the results of testing
- Using the bug tracking database
- Plus BONUS topics on communication & video interviews
- How to test and how to test smarter.
- Organizing your work.
- How to write professional bug reports.
- How to scrub and verify bugs and update the bug database.
- How to summarize what you’ve done or what you’ve tested into professionally written Weekly Status Report or Feature Summary Report.
- How to report verbally in hallways or meetings and how management uses your reports.
- Practice testing, finding, scrubbing and verifing bugs and reporting results on 2 real buggy applications.
- Beginning Testers
- Testers that have never had a formal training class
- Accidental Testers and Testers that have learned on the job
- Technical Support Personnel that help with testing or want to transfer into the testing department
At the end of this course you’ll have the skills to:
- Ad hoc test and run written test cases.
- Take disciplined and organized notes while testing.
- Write professional, repeatable, concise bug reports.
- Summarize your testing work into professionally written reports.
- Confidently talk to engineers, product mangers, your boss & upper management.
- Rock your next video job interview
Quick Start - Testers
Quick start guide to prepare you for Vettanna job interviews.
You've got a job as a software tester...now what? * Where do you start?
* How do you know if you've tested everything?
Learn to think like a tester
Bug Writing Basics
Stop Playing Bug Badminton and Write Bugs That Get Fixed!
The Bug Life Cycle
After you write the bug report, then what happens? Go deep inside the life of a bug (report) and see how it travels through the company and winds up back in your hands for verification.
Communication Skills For Technical People
From hallway and water cooler conversations, to meetings and written reports. We've got you covered! Learn what your other team members need from you and how to deliver it. You'll get tips, tools, templates and mnemonics to help you remember.
How To Rock a Video Job Interview for Job Seekers
Project calm confidence on video intros and during video interviews